Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All At Once

It seems like Reid is hitting or about to hit milestones all at once this month.  He's 5 1/2 months old already and will be 6 months on April 28.  He is starting to sit a little on his own.  He hasn't quite figured out how to balance when he wants to turn to get a toy, so he topples over and then flips to his tummy.  But he's getting there. 

We also think he'll be crawling any time now.  He can move himself around in a circle like a champ when he's on his tummy.  Currently he kicks his legs like crazy and has been pushing himself up onto his toes.  The other day when he was on his toes he was trying to bring a leg up.  So he's trying to figure it out.  Currently he pushes himself backwards.  They said at daycare he pushed himself all the way from the play rug to under a crib, and then got upset because there was nowhere else to go!  Funny boy.

Last Friday Reid cut his first tooth!  It was totally unexpected, and it kind of makes me sad.  I told Ryan a while back that I loved Reid's gummy grin...and him getting a tooth just means he's growing...and fast.  The funny thing about him cutting a tooth is that we had taken him to the doctor that Tuesday for some bumps on his chin.  The doctor told me that his gums were swollen, but it didn't look like the teeth were near the surface.  He guessed it would be a month or two before we saw a tooth.  Three days later...there's a tooth!  It does explain a lot as he constantly drools and chews on things, he's been having trouble napping, and they said at daycare he seemed fussier than normal.  But overall, he's been his normal happy self...and now he has a tooth growing in!

Reid celebrated his first Easter this month.  Ryan and I colored eggs the night before.  Then Ryan hid a few when we got back from church and Reid and I hunted for them.  I also made Reid a little Easter basket, so he and Ryan hunted for it.  Reid then took a nap while I made dinner.  Then we all ate together...well Ryan and I ate and Reid sat in his highchair.  It was a quiet Easter, but we had fun doing the whole Easter bit with Reid.

On another news front...Ryan got a promotion to District Manager and will start next Monday.  We're very excited about this and I'm very proud of him.  He really deserved it.  One of the nice things about the promotion is that he will not have to work weekends or holidays, so we'll all have more time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment