Friday I had a check-up. My doctor this time was Dr. Clarke. I really liked her a lot....the best so far of the 3 I've seen. She was younger and just had a good personality. She was easy to talk to and didn't make you feel stupid for asking questions. My next check-up (June 10th) I'll have another female named Dr. Bowles.
Things are looking good. I have gained back the weight I lost in the first trimester, so they are happy about that. All other vitals are normal. I have been getting headaches kind of frequently, but they said that was normal. In some pregnancies women are more prone to headaches. They can also be a sign of being tired or hungry. Nothing to worry about unless it's persistent (like all day every day). I also get lightheaded when I get up too fast, which is to be expected, but there have been a couple times where I was just standing around and it happened. They said again nothing to worry about. My body is circulating more blood than normal, so if I stand for prolonged periods of time or lock my knees that could be why. Also, my blood pressure is boarding on the low side, so that may be a reason too. They were able to find the heartbeat right away with the Doppler! Baby is starting to move up a little bit, so I think that helped.
I feel like I talk about food all the time, but man, sometimes it just tastes soooo good! I ate all that taco salad I talked about earlier. I think my taco cravings have subsided...at least for the time being. I still enjoy my chips and salsa though. Funny story (at least to me)....I had some chips and salsa last night and Ryan asked how it was. I said it was delicious and baby liked it. Ryan said, "baby's gonna have heartburn!" I've been getting a little, but not too much (knock on wood). I've noticed that I've kind of been craving chocolate and salty meats. I've been wanting sausage and I had some ham the other day that was just great (I'm usually not a huge ham person). On Saturday we went to a restaurant called Duckworth's and I had a hot Italian sub (ham, salami, peperoni, and I think pastrami) and it was DELICIOUS! Another weird thing is that my taco salad had Doritos on it, which was really good. Then I tried a Dorito plain (which I usually like) and I thought it tasted weird. It's very interesting to me how different things are with food. Maybe that's why I seem so obsessed. Haha!
I'm definitely starting to show more. I'm still not huge or anything, but Ryan says he can tell more even in my clothes. This second trimester I'll probably be growing everyday, so I'm sure more pictures will be posted soon. A sweet story....As I'm sure you know, Ryan doesn't really show a whole lot of emotion, but he has little "moves" or things he does that shows how he's feeling. Well, I've noticed that every now and again, he'll pat or rub my belly. I think it's really sweet when he does that. He may not show it, but I can tell he's getting more and more excited about baby.
That's all for today. My Ultrasound is Friday, May 27th. Hopefully baby will cooperate so we can see what it is. If you're all good, maybe I'll tell you ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment