Friday, October 21, 2011

39 Weeks

We're just counting down the days now.

I had a doctor appointment today and things are still looking good.  I'm 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Baby's heartbeat is good and still measuring good.  He's still head down ready to go.  The doctor seems to think that I'll be delivering right around when I should be because I'm getting little braxton hicks contractions...she says that my body is getting ready for the delivery.  The only bad thing is that my heartbeat is a little higher than normal.  She said just to keep an eye out for how I'm feeling.  If I'm getting headaches that Tylenol doesn't help, getting blurry vision, feeling nauseous or light headed, or just not feeling good I should call and come in before my next appointment.

My next appointment is Thursday...if I don't go into labor before then.  They will do an ultrasound to check the amniotic fluid level and make sure the placenta is still functioning as it should, a non-stress test to make sure the baby is ok in there, and then my regular appointment where they check for dilation and stuff. 

So now is the waiting game.  I think we're pretty much ready.  We do still need to put in the carseat, so I guess that's #1 on the list of things to do right now.  Last weekend I put together the highchair.  It's a 3-in-1 so you can use it for infant, toddler, and then use it as a booster seat.  It's really neat.  But other than that, we're as ready as we can be for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment