It is two weeks to the day that the baby is supposed to come.
There is a lady at work who is very sweet and has a good heart, but can sometimes be too much. She gets really excited about things. She has never had children, so she is super excited for this baby to come. The baby was technically full term at 37 weeks, so if he were to be born then or anytime thereafter it would be fine. So, since there's a chance that the baby can be born early, it's like she thinks he's coming any day now. Yesterday she buzzed up to my office. When I answered she said "Oh, I was just making sure you were here. I was worried about you." Then we were planning what we were doing for bosses day on Monday and decided on doing a breakfast. She said "If Jennifer is in the hospital we'll bring her breakfast." Then she makes comments like "are you excited for your doctor's appointment" which I'm not usually because they are just regular check-ups. She asked me one day if I felt accomplished. I asked about what and she said getting things ready for when I'm going to be gone. At that point I hadn't really started making the preparations since I was still about 3 weeks out. I told Ryan that I probably am going to deliver early now because she's jinxing me. He said I'll probably deliver late now because everyone's so excited!
So I did have a doctor's appointment today. I am 38 weeks. They started today checking for dilation. I'm 1/2 cm dilated and starting to efface (thin). The baby's head is down where it's supposed to be ready to go. The doctor said it looks like I will deliver close to the 28th as estimated, but to still be prepared now just in case. So the plan this weekend is to install the car seat, install the shelf in the closet and maybe start packing some things for the hospital. I need to pick out what outfit we're going to bring the little guy home in. We have too many cute ones to choose from!
I guess that's about all the update for now. I'll have to take a picture soon to see my big belly and my new haircut (well, new as of last Saturday).
No comments:
Post a Comment