On Wednesday evening we had a quick storm come through that ended up knocking out power out. The power was out from 5:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.! Needless to say, it got pretty uncomfortable in the house, especially since it's been so hot and sticky outside. And we couldn't open any windows because it was thick outside and there as absolutely no breeze. I woke up a couple times in the night, both times being pretty sweaty (gross!). The second time I got up about 3 a.m. (had really bad heartburn and needed my tums!) and I was hot and it was kind of hard to breathe because it was so stuffy. And as I was standing there eating my tums and deciding what to do, I saw the clock pop back on as well as a light downstairs. First thing I did was flip our fan on! Then I went downstairs and saw the electric company truck outside. Well, we get up the next morning and it's still 80 degrees in the house. Air is blowing through the vents, so we think the air conditioner is working and think maybe the house just hasn't had enough time to cool down. Before I leave for work I checked the units outside and they were doing absolutely nothing. I then went home during lunch to check on them again and again, the air conditioning units were not working, but the inside unit fans were blowing air. It was now 84 degrees in the house. So, I took action because there is no way I could deal with that...especially being pregnant! So I call our air people and they said to try switching the circuits off and back on. She said a lot of times that works when there's a power outage or storm. But since we couldn't do that until we got home, I went ahead and put in a service request with our home warranty company just in case. Ryan got home and by this time it was 89 degrees in the house. He tried the circuits and it didn't work. So I was really hoping the home warranty company would have a contractor call us ASAP in the morning...and really hoping the units weren't fried and that we'd have to get a new system! Well, a few minutes Ryan called back and said it was working again! (I guess it just needed a minute to fix itself after he did the breakers). By this morning the house was back to normal. YAY! Now I don't have to be a hot, crabby, sweaty pregnant lady and all is well.
Wednesday we visited a second day care center. We like it better than the first one. We have one more we want to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment