I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Everything is still looking good. I gained 4 more pounds (for a total of 43 so far), my blood pressure is good, the baby's heartbeat is good, and I'm still measuring right where I need to be. Only problem is the little guy hasn't flipped yet. I think he's kind of at an angle, with his head towards my upper left ribs and his feet by my right hip bone. Every now and again I'll get a kick around my hip bone and it feels really weird...almost kind of tickles! Anyway, the doctor briefly told me about three options...but we will discuss more next week if he is still in breech.
Options:
1. Wait it out. Wait until I go into labor and see if he flips on his own. The doctor said 95% of the time the baby's get in the right position. However, the farther along I get, the less room there will be for him to turn around.
2. Have them try to turn him manually. This entails them pushing around on my stomach with the assistance of the ultrasound to guide them. He said it works about 50% of the time and there is a 1% chance something bad could happen.
3. Schedule a C-Section. If we decide to make this a planned c-section, they would schedule it a week before my due date. I guess that would be October 21.
Anyway, we'll see what happens next week. I think if they still suspect he's in breech they will do an ultrasound to confirm his position. I'm not really concerned or worried or scared...I just kind of want to know what's going to happen. I hate not knowing!
On another note, last night I took the tags off all the clothes, towels, washcloths, blankets, etc. and started washing them. I believe we're picking up the furniture on Saturday after our nursing class and the changing table was delivered yesterday. I'm so excited to get everything put together. Maybe Sunday I will go shopping for a few things that we still need. I think there are some items that can wait until after he's born and we get a better feel for everything that we actually need...but I know there are a few things, such as a monitor and bedding, that we cannot wait to get. Yesterday I did some online searching for curtains, so I'll have to have Ryan look at what I came up with so we can get that ordered too.
Not really baby related, but a project we decided to get done before the baby was born....We decided we really did not care for the white mantle over our white brick fireplace against pretty much white walls....so Ryan took on the project of stripping the paint off the mantle and he put the first coat of stain on it yesterday. It looks so much better. It really gives it the contrast that was needed. I was so excited when I came home yesterday to see it almost finished.
Well, I suppose that's all for now. Next appointment is Friday, October 7.
No comments:
Post a Comment